- Crop Information
- Crop Standards
- About OSCS
- Tag Verification
- OSU Seed Lab
- OSU Crop and Soil
Fees & Deadlines
Also available to print in PDF format: Certification fees and deadlines
All Applicable Fees:
Make checks payable to "Oregon Seed Certification Service" and send directly to:
Oregon Seed Certification Service, Oregon State University, 31 Crop Science Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-3003
Application fees: Seedling, Pre-Plant, and Planting Inspections*
- Signed up within 60 days after planting: $45.00/field
- Late sign-up; 61-120 days after planting: $65.00/field
- Late sign-up; 121 days or more after planting: $95.00/field
- Re-inspection of seedling: $35.00/field
- Re-inspections signed up after date specified on rejection notice: $60.00/field
- *Includes Establishment of Crop History (ECH-fees same as seedling fees) for Perennial ryegrass.
- Check specific crop standards for special requirements.
- Modified Land History: $60.00/field (Late requests requiring added inspections will be assessed an additional fee of $50.00)
- Seed Stock Fields (Pre-Basic, Basic, Fdn & Reg) of Grass, Beets, Beans,Alfalfa, Clovers, Vetches, Sunflower, Stolon Beds: $60.00, plus per acre fee. Corn: Please contact the Oregon Seed Certification Service for a current fee list.
- Certified Class (Blue Tag) and Pre-Variety Germplasm
- Grass, Legumes, Small Grains, Sugar Beets: $3.60/acre
- Kale, Stolon Beds, Pre-Variety Germplasm Increases, & Misc. Crops: $3.60/acre
- Beans, Chickpea, Sunflower, Hybrid Annual Rape / Type Canola: $4.50/acre
- Corn: Please contact the Oregon Seed Certification Service for a current fee list.
- Minimum charge: $45.00/field
- Late sign-up fee: 1 to 50 acres - initial acreage fee or minimum charge plus $35.00 per field. 51 acres or more - initial acreage fee plus an additional $0.70 per acre.
- Re-inspection: $35.00/field
- Re-inspections signed up after date specified on application: $60.00/field
- Identity Preserved: $25.00/field non-refundable application fee plus $3.50/acre
To be eligible for refunds, seedling and/or seed crop applications must be withdrawn prior to field inspection. The initiate refund, seed grower must submit a written request to Seed Certification for a refund (a special request charge will be withheld for processing). No refunds on rejected fields, either seedling or seed crop.
Additional & Special Fees
- All Grasses & Legumes, Beans, Beets, & OECD3 Crops: $0.27/cwt-Sampled1,5
- All Grasses & Legumes, Beans, Beets, & OECD Crops: $0.06/cwt-Re-sampled2,5
- Cereals: $0.17/cwt-Sampled1
- OECD Certificates - 5,001 pounds or more4: $60.00/each
- OECD Certificates - 5,000 pounds or less4: $35.00/each
- Second Issuance of tags: $0.06/tag (Min. of $30.00)
- Additional Charge for Adhesive Tags: $0.10/tag
- Pre-printed tags on seed containers: $0.03/tag (Min. of $30.00)
- Revising OECD Certificates: $30.00
- Field Status Reports for Contractors: $30.00 (for reports under 25 pages), $60.00 (for reports over 25 pages)
- Special Inspections or Audits $60/hr. ($30 min. charge) plus standard OSU mileage rate and per diem
- Special Requests (incl. re-entry of fields and review of reissuances/blends/mixtures): $30.00/each
- Movement of Untagged Seed Lots: $10.00/each via phone or FAX; no charge if through web
- 1: $30.00 minimum charge
- 2: $15.00 minimum charge
- 3: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
- 4: An additional OECD assessment will be billed on each OECD seed lost, as assessed by USA-OECD authorities. Current assessment is $0.14/cwt. for Grasses, Cereals, Legumes, Brassicas, Beets, Sunflowers, Mixtures. $0.26/cwt. for Corn. These charges to be billed in addition to other listed fees.
- 5: Additional charge for lots tagged in 25 pounds or less, $0.06/tag (min. of $30.00)
- Seedling Inspection: Within 60 days of planting, unless otherwise noted below
- Seedling Inspection: Within 15 days for Alfalfa, planted between January 1 and July 1
- Seedling Inspection: Within 15 days for Red Clover planted between April 1 and July 1
- Modified Land History and Pre-plant Inspections: Within 60 days of planned working of ground (see procedures)
- Crop Inspection: March 15: Mustard, Oil Rape, Hybrid Annual Rape/Type Canola, Sunflower, Hybrid Sunflower; or within 30 days of planting, if planted after March 1
- Crop Inspection: April 15: Grasses, Buckhorn Plaintain, Kale, Little Burnet, Meadowfoam, Radish, Subterranean Clover, Sugar Beets, Turnip, Legumes (except Alfalfa, Field Bean, Red Clover, and Trefoil)
- Crop Inspection: June 1: Field Bean2
- Crop Inspection: June 15: Alfalfa, Chickpea2, Forage Kochia, Red Clover, Soybeans, Trefoil, Sudangrass2
- 1: Field must be ready for inspection, including isolation stakes at final sign-up deadlines.
- 2: Field Beans and Sudangrass planted after crop sign-up deadline must be signed up within 15 days after planting. Chickpeas planted after crop sign-up deadline must be signed up within 5 days after planting.
- Sign-up Deadline for Small Grain and Small Grain Identity Preservation
- Seedling application: When required (see Small Grain Standards) to be submitted within 60 days of fall planting (or earlier if row closure is expected to occur rapidly, or within 15 days of spring planting.
- Crop application: April 15 for fields planted on or before January 31; June 1 for fields planted February 1 to May 17; within 15 days of planting for fields planted after May 17
Extension Office Phone Numbers by County
Phone numbers (pdf)